DO You Add??

gloworm

My fast moving FOs I add to the oils before the lye. Let's see, I do that with Peak Honeysuckle, and I do it with my lavender/spearmint EO blend.

I seem to have less problems with them that way - they are more diluted so when the lye hits it gives me a little extra time, it seems.

My fast moving FOs I add to the oils before the lye. Let's see, I do that with Peak Honeysuckle, and I do it with my lavender/spearmint EO blend.

I seem to have less problems with them that way - they are more diluted so when the lye hits it gives me a little extra time, it seems.

robin for scents such as pink sugar which turns the soap brown, how would one be able to swirl using your method. in other words, when i work with FO that i know will change the soap color i normally pull out some raw soap for color which does not have the FO in it, how would do this if the FO is added to the oils. am i making sense? not sure if i am asking this what i want to know?

Just curious b/c I am strongly considering adding the FO to the oil phase b/c there has been many times that I have pretty soap and the FO is still in the container:p

Crafty 1 - Off the top of my head, I'm thinking you wouldn't be able to do this with FOs like Pink Sugar if you're not wanting the discoloration.

This is interesting, I hadn't heard of it before. Something to keep in mind - a definite alternative to doing the more finicky FOs with HP.

Crafty 1 - Off the top of my head, I'm thinking you wouldn't be able to do this with FOs like Pink Sugar if you're not wanting the discoloration.

This is interesting, I hadn't heard of it before. Something to keep in mind - a definite alternative to doing the more finicky FOs with HP.

thanks Sara