air freshner shape

kyme1911

People were asking me for car & closet air freshners, so since I'm the "Google Queen" I search until I find it...LOL

At 1st the only ones I found were plain white very basic shapes. Then I happen to find www.wicks-wax-scents.com They offer a wide selection of stock shapes in different colors ( all hand made made and cut). I ordered the "Kraft colored Texas shape" the first time. But not everyone wanted a little Texas hanging on their rear view. Then I read that they offer custom shapes , I had to have it. Then you re-order just the blanks as you need them. The branding iron, I purchased because I thought it would be neat to mark them with. The site tells you different ways to decorate them ( for fund raisers, etc). I am going to put a small mister with refresher FO in the cello package, I am going to make a card stock topper to punched whole and hang them on a spinner rack.

:)Kyme:yay:

What type of absorbent paper do they use? Do they also sell the branding iron? How long does the scent last?

Sorry about all these questions, but I think they look so cute, and I'd rather have these hanging in my car than the cheesy Christmas Trees:rolleyes2 Think you've got something nifty there, congratulations!

I have no idea what type paper it is, I know that it is definetly an art.

I take a small flat watercolor paint brush, dip it in to full strength FO. Lay the brush on to the air freshener (over and over until both sides are coated) they are extremely absorbent. It depends on the scent( what else is new, LOL) how long they last. Mine in my SUV last a couple of months, then I refresh them. The blanks are still absorbent.

The branding iron came from Custom branding Irons,LLC. I also found that with google. It's fun, I probally could have used a rubber stamp. I just wanted one to use for different applications. Plus FO deteriorates ink sometimes. We'll see how it goes...

:)Kyme

So, the brand doesn't burn the paper up? I guess I thought brands would only be good on wood and not paper.

No, the paper doesn't burn up because it is so dense. I count...One one thousand, two one thousand, Three. And that is it, I take a really fine sand paper to scuff off the "flash" then details then come out.

Kyme

No, the paper doesn't burn up because it is so dense. I count...One one thousand, two one thousand, Three. And that is it, I take a really fine sand paper to scuff off the "flash" then details then come out.

Kyme

Thanks for the info! I will need to look into getting a brand, that sounds interesting and could come in handy for other things. :)