Playdough consistency soap?

rcrafty

I made a batch of soap on Sunday. I split the batch and colored each half with micas. When I took it out of the mold I noticed that the bottom half was very moist, the top the soap had a few droplets of moisture.

I have let the soap sit out for a few days now and the bottom layer feels like playdough, it is that soft and plyable. The top half is hard. I thought that after 3 days it would harden but it has not.

Has this ever happened to any of you?

:confused:

Without a recipe it is hard to say but maybe you weighed something wrong? Scale was off for some reason. Sounds like maybe too much oils and not enough lye or too much water. Does it have any zap? I would leave it sit longer. I have a batch here that was the same way in Sept. It is finally hardening. It lathers great, very mild, not drying at all. I figure maybe I added an oil twice. I will not sell it but I will use it for myself.

It sounds like you either didnt mix everything well enough together or there is to much oil. Just add a little more cornstarch and knead it really well. If it is still to soft repeat. It is kinda like the real playdough. If it sits out it Will start to dry up on you. The real test would be to make it and then put it in a sealed container. Let it sit for a couple days and check the consistency. HTH

It does not zap so that is good.

It is just so weird that I only made one batch, mixed well to very light trace and then split it to create a bar with 2 different colors. The top half of the bar is just perfect, the bottom part had the problem. I was thinking that it had to do with overheating.

I will just have to watch it for a while and see if it ever hardens.

I didn't mix the pink mica with anthing, just mixed it straight into my oil/lye mixture. At least I had made 2 logs of the same soap that day and the other one came out great. Definitely a mystery. Thanks for all your input into my mystery soap problem! :smiley2: