fragrance for body butter?

smart

Ok maybe I am an idiot but I want to make my first body butter and put a scent into it. I was told from my candle supplier that some of the fragrances that they sell are body safe (check with them) this is true I can't see putting the same stuff I put in my candles into my body product but I was told I was wrong. Is this true????

Edited by smart

WOW I never would have thought that you could use them. I did call me supplier and the one that I choose is body safe I am going to use cherry blast have anyone used vanilla I was thinking of that one too.

thanks so much I got the info I need I learned something new today and happy that I can use some of my fragrance for other things great

thank you for the advice I will avoid that one. I just made my first butter with the cherry blast smells great looks great we will see what tomorrow brings but it seems way to greasy I put corn starch in. Also when I let my husband try it maybe he is too (hot) lol, but it was melting like butter is this normal or did I do something wrong. I do love it though just want to fix that one problem.

WSP makes a vanilla browning neutralizer that works well in soaps, lotion & butters. It doesn't keep my BCN Vanilla Bean Supreme a true white, gets more of a creamy white/ivory, but it keeps it from getting too dark or turning brown. I use it in anything that might have vanilla in it (if in doubt I add it). The only thing I have found is that I can NOT use it in so far is hand sanitizer. It has some chemical reaction with something in it and turns it to a water consistancy.

That said my vanilla ends up smelling/looking like vanilla frosting in whipped body butters. YUMMY!

For the greasiness I have better luck with tapioca starch than with cornstarch.

Edited by mparadise