Wanna Make Some Tarts, Wickless Candles

hey All. I Am Looking Around For A Candle Starter Kit, But I Want To Make Wickless Jar Candles, And Tarts. But The Problem Is That Some Of These Sellers Do Not Sell Any Kits For Tarts. Can I Use Any Kit And Just Make The Tarts Anyway? Also Which Types Of Jars Are Best For Wickless Candles That I Would Like To Use On A Candle Warmer? Is Soy Wax The Best? I Noticed That Some Sellers Add Some Wacky Fragrance To The Kit Which I Don't Want, Sucks. Any Suggestions Are Welcome, And Thank You So Much.

stacey

I don't make wickless but I would think a container candle kit would work fine. Just don't put the wicks in. I don't think they make tart kits, but then I've not looked. Get a slab of nice votive wax, maybe 4797, some FO, a couple packs of color chips and something to use for a mold. You can buy real tart molds or use mini muffin baking pans or even candy molds. They're not too complicated.

Hi Stacy! Welcome to the board. I don't believe there are kits for making wickless containers and tarts, however, you can make tarts with different types of waxes. Everyone has their own formulation. Some use pillar/votive waxes, some use pillar and container waxes, some use soy and paraffin...it just depends. If you're looking to do containers without a wick, just get a container wax and leave the wick out. People make them in either jars or tins. I find that tins get the hottest and thus give off the most scent throw, however, the tin does get quite hot. Smaller jars do better than the large ones because the large ones take so long to melt. You can still get outstanding scent throw with a small amount of wax. I like to do mine in 4-6 oz tins or square mason jars. I make my tarts with a 50/50 blend of preblended pillar wax and container wax. You can make tarts with a container wax but they can be a little messy since they are softer than a pillar wax. Some people pour scented container wax into mini muffin tins or mini cup cake liners. They'll come out of the muffin tins if you put them in the fridge for a while and the one in liners can be peeled off and placed in your burner. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Hi Stacey,

I use muffin tins also...mini muffin tins. I put them in the freezer for a while, or sometimes I'm tired and forget so they stay in there until I think I'm missing something and have to go look for them! They come right out. I usually put a piece of wax paper over the pan and tip them. Don't wanna break 'em!

I make wickless as well. Find a short jar, not more than 2-3" tall. Larger jars take too damn long to melt. ie, a 6oz jar took me over 3 hours before I got a full enough melt pool to smell anything. Who has time for that?

Good luck to you