brochure paper weight

jennifer

Does anyone have a preference of paper weight for the paper they used in their brochures ( I've seen at staples alone a range from 32 to 48)? Also, do you personally prefer matte or glossy when you receive a brochure from another business?

TIA, Jennifer

I think the weight and texture of the paper you choose for your brochures should be determined by the look of your product.

If you're selling a country or prim candle, you might get away with using a text weight matte paper, but if you're offering sophisticated high-end candles, an 80# or 100# gloss text paper would be a better option.

For receiving a brochure, the paper doesn't matter nearly as much as the design and the content of the brochure. Using fancy paper but having lame content or artwork is a waste of money, time and resources. Having great design and content but using lower quality paper would not be a deal breaker for me.

Did you visit the print/copy department of Staples or were you just going by packages of paper they had on the floor?

If you didn't, you should check them out, even if you don't plan on using their services--they ought to at least have a swatch book, if not full size paper samples of various paper types for you to see and touch.