new jar trouble with wick.....

Ok, I have had great success with a several jar sizes....I wanted to try a 16oz size. I have the 16oz straight sided from Fillmore, it is 3" in diam.....I use 4633 and tried the 60-44-18. It had great throw, no hang up but an UGLY black jar when it was done. Then I used the WSP low smoke zinc19. It left no hang up, the jar was so clean when done, but the throw wasn't great...which one next? I can't stand looking at the black jar, but the throw was good...............suggestions please.......

Suzie

I'm having nearly the same problem. The only thing that I have found that reduces the soot, though doesn't completely take it away, is filling the jar to just below the shoulder. It looks a little funny, but I'm hoping customers will get used to it. I'm using HTP wicks and am about to try zinc to see if it helps with sooting (I seriously doubt it since they tend to soot more, but figured it was worth a shot). If you figure anything out, lemme know, I'm pulling my hair out over here too!