Wholesaler question

Has anyone ever used Starrville Candle and Soap Co. in Tyler, TX? I live very close to Tyler and could save on shipping costs, but if they have poor quality mdse., it would not be worth it. I started making candles in November when my husband bought some supplies at an estate sale. Since then I have been learning quite a bit from websites and forums like this. Now my brain is mush but my candles are pretty cool! Thanks for any info you can give me on this company.

JLynne

Edited by JLynne

I have no experience with them, but on quick glance, they are carrying a lot of the same name brands as other suppliers carry, such as IGI R2322 (Glass Glow) palm container wax, GB 464 soy wax, ECO wicks, Wedo FW SU wicks, EZ wick setters, etc. They do not provide a lot of descriptive information about their products, but comparing their line-up with other suppliers reveals many of the same tried & true products. The name of the game with candlemaking is to purchase quality supplies locally at a good price so as not to suffer shipping costs. :)

I've bought a few fo's from them & they were all excellent quality. I highly recommend High Maintenance fo - I've been told it's the same fo Tyler Candle uses in their candles & it throws like crazy. It's easier to justify paying more if you're getting superior quality. Please give us feedback if you make the trip.

Susan.

I love this company! I spent a full hour in there just talking to one of the reps. Being new at this he had some good advice for me and just knowing that I was doing some things right made me much more confident. I had a very limited, new business budget and was only able to buy $100 worth of stuff (GB464 being one thing- I just tested it tonight and WOW!!!). They also said their Creme Brulee is the best around. I bought some Red Hot Cinnamon, Love Spell and Bird of Paradise. I am really excited about doing business with them. I had some of their products already from the estate sale and have had lots of compliments.

I be bustin' out some candles!!!

JLynne