Parasoy Wax Depth?

I'm now trying to make a parasoy blend. 4627 and 100% soy wax. I'm using straight sided 16oz jelly jars.

I used a 126 wick and a 1212 wick (in 2 different jars of course). I like to test "side by side"

I decided not to let it cure despite the soy because I really just wanted to see if the wicks would work and I don't think not letting it cure would affect the depth in anyway. I poured them almost to the top.

After about 4 hours, the wax pool depth was like 1" on BOTH the jars, though perhaps only slight deeper on the 1212.

I thought, ok, I should wick down. Though I find it hard to believe that an HTP 105 is going to cut it when both of the waxes (soy and 4627) generally you've got to wick up and even using 100% 4627 an HTP 105 barely does the job. I know when using straight soy an HTP 105 has never cut it for me, ever!:confused:

Has this happened to anyone else? I'm worried about that kind of depth! Could it be just because it's an intial burn, though I'd think the initial burn would be more shallow than if it was lower in the jar. *baffled*

I do a 70/30 415-4627 blend in 8oz. sq masons. The diameter of both jars are very close. I use a CD 10 in mine. Today I poured a 16 oz. canning jar just over half full, just out of curiosity. I put in a CD10 for that one also. I'm waiting 5 days to test burn it tho., cuz I like to test HT at the same time. Sorry I wasn't much help, but it's nice to meet someone who uses the same blend as I. I'm gonna watch this thread. The HTP's are about the only wicks I DON't have in my arsenal!