How many inches from tea light to bowl in oil and tart warmers?

Darbla

I've got a really pretty one, but there is about a 2 1/2" gap from the top of the tea light to the bottom of the bowl. I'm trying to figure out if that's the problem or if my fragrance oil mixture in the top is the issue.

I really think it's that gap, though, because I just stuck my finger on the bottom of the bowl, between it and the flame, and the bowl is cold and I got almost no warmth from the flame. The tea light has burned down in it's little tin cup so the flame is even further from the bowl than it started out. I'd still like my question answered so I know what to look for when shopping for these oil warmers.

Not all tea lights burn the same. Did you make the ones you are using? If so you might want to wick up a bit as you are going for heat versus burn time. If you are buying them I would get a few differant ones and try them out then give your customers a recomendation on the tealight that you fee should be used.

A 2 1/2 inch gap is about right I like a 3 inch gap for soy melts but I also test them with mainstay tealights I figure mainstay is an average tealight that most people will buy for using in them as you can get them at wally world.