Vanilla Lovers

kyme1911

Hi, well I just wanted to share this with any of you ISO "their" vanilla... I have been on a quest to find mine. Well out of about 15 so far, the absolute truest is "The indulgent one" from DS. It has no mysterious notes, or flowers,or cookies, carmels or Butters. Just the most purest vanilla...IMO of course. Just thought I'd share.

Kyme

OK these are the ones I purchased ( I haven't had a chance to put in wax yet ) Now this is just IMO...

Vanilla Absolute- Kinda old lady-ish, vanilla/with floral

Ultimate Vanilla- basic, I'd use as a mixer.

Vanilla Rock N Roll- Vanilla with a fresh twist

Black Orchid & Vanille- OMG don't laugh but to me smells like Palmolive dish soap.

Vanilla Noir & Divine Vanilla - are each similar, a vanilla perfume scent.

Vanilla of Madagascar-smells like a sexy masculine vanilla IMO

So out of 8, my 2 picks are The Indulgent One for sure even though it's pricey. The other I am re-ordering is Vanilla of Madagascar.

Kyme

I don't have the DS oil but I do have the Tihota perfume. It's a "white" vanilla as opposed to black or bourbon vanillas - just in case someone was wondering.

Hi, can you explain what that means "White", I did a google search and and didn't find anything. Just curious...

Do you like the perfume? Some pricey stuff but since they only produced 999 bottles, I guess thats why. I'm very happy with the Dupe from DS...

Have a great Day!

Kyme

Hi Kyme, "white" vanilla is the term I use (I can't remember where I came across it) for vanillas that smell like Tahitian vanilla - more of a white sugar kind of smell. In any case, it is a lighter smell than the heavy, rich, bourbon vanillas.

And, I do like the perfume, I only have a vial of it, but to me it smells really similar to Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille, which is half the price. I think DS has a dupe of this scent, also.

P.S. I found my holy grail vanilla perfume - Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille. Now if anyone came out with a dupe of THAT, I'd be doing the happy dance for sure.

Edited by Gypsyjen

Hi Kyme, "white" vanilla is the term I use (I can't remember where I came across it) for vanillas that smell like Tahitian vanilla - more of a white sugar kind of smell. In any case, it is a lighter smell than the heavy, rich, bourbon vanillas.

And, I do like the perfume, I only have a vial of it, but to me it smells really similar to Serge Lutens Un Bois Vanille, which is half the price. I think DS has a dupe of this scent, also.

P.S. I found my holy grail vanilla perfume - Guerlain Spiritueuse Double Vanille. Now if anyone came out with a dupe of THAT, I'd be doing the happy dance for sure.

oh I forgot to mention, DS has a dupe for that one have you tried it?