All burned out...literally

Hi!! Well, from reading many posts on Glass Glow Palm, I became very interested and took the plunge! What a cool wax! The cold and hot throw were amazing! However they have burned all the way down and now I have a few questions....

My testers were: 1 lb Glass Glow, 1 oz FO (cranberry marmelade from CS) and CDN wicks. I used a CDN 18 (on the right) and a CDN 16 (on the left). The flames were rather large on both, but more contolable (sp?) with the CND 16. The 16 also never got too hot to hold, or never got a melt pool deeper than 1/4 in. However, as you can see, there is a little wax left in the container, and a slight thin hang up on a little area of the container. The soot never became visible until the last test burn, just looks pretty dark in the picture because of my black countertop. The 18 has more hang up, yet got hotter than I like. So... I guess I was wondering if the CND 16 looks about right, or not........

Ooops..and one more question...I made a tin with my soy combo in a 6 oz tin with a CD 6... It's all burned down, but there is still about 1/8" of wax left along the bottom along the outer edges....is this normal to have so much wax left over?

Sorry about the insanely long post and so many questions....I appreciate all of the help!:yay:

post-10699-139458460349_thumb.jpg

post-10699-139458460355_thumb.jpg

Edited by jen08

I would go with the CD 16 in the glass, I am totally satisfied with slight hangup like that, the customer gets a longer burning candle, not too hot and it hasn't tunnelled. I personally always have slight hang up left on glass with my soy and am happy and so are my customers. I never like full melt pools on any burns as the glass is always at risk of being too hot and of course burning much faster. The tin looks fine, you probably have a longer neck on your sustainer base for the wick which doesn't allow it to burn further down.