Shrink Wrap Solution.

hem06

OK...I have been having the damnedest time finding reasonably priced shrink wrap. I got so tired of looking, then seeing shipping charges :mad:

Living in Canada sure blows sometimes!!!:P

Anyway, my solution was this:

I was shopping in good ol Wallyworld, and saw one of those "Window Insulation kits"

It was $12.97.

Came with about 40 feet of shrink wrap, some tape, and some outlet insulators.

I used the shrink wrap and my handy dandy heat gun, and wrapped everything....I didn't even have to buy tape, since it came with an enormous roll of 2 sided tape.

I did have to cut the sheets by hand, so, it did take longer. what I did was made a "template" of the size I need for each product, then folded the shrink wrap, and cut about 40 out at a time. Worked fine. In all, I think i saved at least $50. Once I got my rhythm down, it only took about 1 minute per item to tape and shrink.

I have wrapped 40 soaps, 30 lip balms (tubes and tubs), and about 20 votives. I have over half the roll left, and that includes all my...flub ups when I was "learning"!

I used the outlet insulators on my outlets.:cheesy2:

Ya know, last night we covered our deck doors with shrink wrap because the North wind was freezing us out LOL, anyhow, I really loved the texture of it, and I was wondering how it would work compared to the shrink I buy on a roll for my baskets. Guess I'll try it tonight, since I've got a boatload of stuff to wrap for this weekend. Thanks for posting.