Boy, Do I Need Help!!!

I poured candles for a fundraiser over the weekend and did everything just as I've done for the past 2-3 years. I use a blend of 75% J223/25% soy; used 1.2 oz FO/pound wax, and 4-5 drops of liquid color per pound. I've NEVER had any problem with this combo previously. But LOOK what happened this time!! (This happened with all three colors I poured--gold, burgundy, and green.)

Last night I put these candles in the oven on low and just let them stay until the outside melted, then turned the oven off and let them cool in there. They set back up with some air bubbles inside the glass, so I heat gunned each one (what I was trying to avoid with the oven--about 3 hours of work fixing all of them!).

So I checked on them again this morning and this is what I found!! Can anyone help me???

Hi there...I can't tell exactly what's happening, but it looks kind of like the problem I've had with some container candles, namely, that certain areas of the wax seem to pull away from the glass. It gives a similar look...certainly not a desired one.

Unfortunately, I have no ideas about this either :cry2:

I use a blend too and have noticed that on my jars on occasion. I was able to get rid of it with a heatgun to the side of the jar for a couple of seconds. On mine, it looks like frost, not just the average pull away. I've also noticed through trial and error that it seems to happen when I use heavy color, mainly when I use dye chips.

I use a blend too and have noticed that on my jars on occasion. I was able to get rid of it with a heatgun to the side of the jar for a couple of seconds. On mine, it looks like frost, not just the average pull away. I've also noticed through trial and error that it seems to happen when I use heavy color, mainly when I use dye chips.

I have the same problem, if I use dye chips I get that frosty look and heat guns don't seem to help.

First, did you wash your jars? I would try putting in oven till melted completely. Keep the wick holder/straightener on them then let cool. They should look ok when cool. Maybe.

Always wash jars

Always pour cool

Always pour slow

and never stir right before you pour.......

And then you can say it's the stupid soy!!!