Pinecones

CountryTartMama

We have been collecting pinecones since this summer with hopes of scenting them. Here it is Dec and i just plain ole for got about them. I dont want to wax dip them nor do i have a fire place. Can i spray them with room spray or something similar to have them smell like the cinnamon ones at like lows, walmart ect? Im not sure if they just use a FO or what. I want to stick them in a basket or 2 around my house. Thanks =0)

We have been collecting pinecones since this summer with hopes of scenting them. Here it is Dec and i just plain ole for got about them. I dont want to wax dip them nor do i have a fire place. Can i spray them with room spray or something similar to have them smell like the cinnamon ones at like lows, walmart ect? Im not sure if they just use a FO or what. I want to stick them in a basket or 2 around my house. Thanks =0)

Don't they smell good, along with the Cinnamon brooms. Wish I could find that FO. Can't help with the pine cones but sounds like a good ideal. Maybe put a bunch of FO on them and then seal in a large jar for a week . Or a container of some sort till they absorb the oil.

i use an old paintbrush and go outside with my pinecones and cinn red hots from KY and soak them with the FO....I do this on news papers on the table outside then I put them in a basket with a pretty ribbon by the fireplace...I dont sell mine...I live in AZ and i have to travel to flagstaff to find pinecones...but I got some for me when we went to the mountians a few months ago...

I paint my pinecones with watered down elmers glue, sometimes I even dip the pincecones in the glue then sprinkle them with real cinnamon and then put a few squirts of cinnamon fragrance oil in them, right at the edge of the "leaf" near the core of the pinecone. Then bake them at 250 for about 8 minutes or until the cinnamon looks sort of baked on. I've done this with pumpkin and autumn spice as well.