Imprinter Plate

NaturallyTru

1) What info do you put on your credit card imprinter plate?

I plan to use Propay or Paypal Virtual. I have a manual imprinter and slips I purchased from someone. I will want to accept payments on my website when I get it up and running.

2) Do you use Propay or Paypal Virtual? Any pros/cons?

I'm new to this and am getting so confused. I will not have ability to process cards immediately at craft shows. I will have to do it when I get home. But I'd like to accept credit cards for customer convenience and hopefully increase sales.

Anyone have any experience with this site? http://www.imprinterplates.com/imprinter-plates.php

Any help greatly appreciated. You mat contact me via post or pm.

Thanks

Trudi

Edited by NaturallyTru
another question

I ordered my imprinter and plate from them. No problems. Good price, very fast shipping. I put my Company Name , City State, phone number, and website address. (which is still in progress)

I use Propay currently. Have been using them for about 1 yr. A little higher than some Merchant accts, but unless you have a ton of credit sales, it still comes out as a better deal for me than paying a monthly fee plus transaction fees etc that I was paying previously. So far it has worked great for me :yay:

Hope that helps.

Propay doesn't have a payment gateway, if that's what you're asking. It seems like if you use Mals-e cart the CC# is securely stored there for you to retrieve and process on ProPay. I'll be corrected if I'm wrong but that is the route I'm going with when I get my website setup next month.

I've been looking quite a bit lately and have not found another cart to offer this feature. If someone else has maybe they will chime in here.

I ordered my imprinter and plate from them. No problems. Good price, very fast shipping. I put my Company Name , City State, phone number, and website address. (which is still in progress)

I use Propay currently. Have been using them for about 1 yr. A little higher than some Merchant accts, but unless you have a ton of credit sales, it still comes out as a better deal for me than paying a monthly fee plus transaction fees etc that I was paying previously. So far it has worked great for me :yay:

Hope that helps.

So, you use Propay to swipe the card but you still give the customer the imprinted paper credit card receipt that just has your info and maybe the last 4 digits of the card, expiration date and customer name? Right now I imprint the card on my manual knuckle buster so I can understand customers not liking that. Then I enter them in PayPal using Virtual Terminal but that costs $30 monthly. I turn it off when I am not using it so I don't have to pay that monthly fee every month if I am not using it.