two-toned tarts.......

Debbie73

Some of you have made some beautiful multicolored tarts. I was trying to make Orange-Vanilla in a two-toned, white on the bottom and orange on top. I let the white harden totally and then poured the orange. They don't look horrible, but they are far from perfect. The orange ran underneath the white, not real bad, but I was disappointed.

I thought this would be a no brainer so..... I make 20 of them! Hello .....brainer! Anybody have some words of wisdom for me?:confused::confused:

Simple fix.

Don't let the bottom wax harden completely.

That is what you did wrong.

Your bottom wax pulled away from edges which in turn left the top wax run over.

Just let the bottom harden up enough to get a good top but still be stuck to edges. Then pour top layer.

Just last night, I did these for the 1st time. I'd poured 6 diff colored tarts and when I was done, I had some extra left over of one color. The 1st tarts I'd poured were just starting to get a skin on top and I thought, what the hey - I'll pour my leftovers on them. When cooled, they had a perfect division of the two colors, but were just as smooth as could be. Happy accident, considering how I usually have things happen. :)

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

That is how i pour mine is over the back of a spoon. Lower the chance of melting the lower color comes out great. I always pour the dark color first. Like for are honey suckle lavander, i pour purple on bottem then yellow on top.