New candle maker .. help with 10 oz apothacary jar.

I assume this is a soy wax? If so try a cdn 22 or perhaps a 24 depending on the oil you are using.

I use the 10 oz apothecary jars and most oils wick very well with a cdn 22, just some of the heavier scents require a 24.

Not knowing what oils you are using its difficult to advise. The fact that I am in Australia may be another point :)

Perhaps when some of the people over there are available they can offer you some better advice. In the meantime may I suggest that you post further information on your wax, scent and wick combinations that you have tried so far.

HTH

Hello, Started making candles and am having a hard time wicking the 10 oz apothacary jars.

I am using candlewics cbl( 125) I have thied htp 105, a 44-32-18 zinc, cd 14-20 and all are tunneling?

Anybody sucessfully wick this jar with this wax?

I don't use that wax but I do use 4627 which is also a one-pour paraffin blend. How big is the diameter of the apothecary jar? I checked Candlewic's container selection and they said their 10 oz apothecary jar is 3 7/8" in diameter. If that's the case, your zinc wick is way too small. Judging by Bitter Creek North's wick guide, which is what I go by since I only buy their wicks, you should use a 51-32-18 as your starting point and adjust from there. Also keep in mind that one-pour waxes sometimes require a bigger wick size to begin with.

Also going by BCN's wick guide, with an HTP wick you should start with a 126.

RichardLOZ had a good point. Knowing what kind of oils you're using is absolutely crucial to successful wicking. Depending on the density, you might need to go up a few sizes from the starting point. Just keep testing. It's a pain in the butt, but worth it to make a great, safe candle :)