My sencond batch, I don't know if is going to work.

crystal80

I decided for now on, to make only small batches.

I made this batch, and everything was ok until I added the FO (Dragons Blood) my DH favorite smell. Now my hands smell like it.

As soon as it went into the mixture started setting up. I tried to work really fast and transferred it to the mold. Will the soap be any good?

What should I do when I am in this situation again? Should I just put the FO in the mix and use a spoon instead of the mixing stick?

You know, I have done a lot......... of reading. Is not like I am just asking questions. I even bought to books. I just want soap.........:(

I decided for now on, to make only small batches.

I made this batch, and everything was ok until I added the FO (Dragons Blood) my DH favorite smell. Now my hands smell like it.

As soon as it went into the mixture started setting up. I tried to work really fast and transferred it to the mold. Will the soap be any good?

What should I do when I am in this situation again? Should I just put the FO in the mix and use a spoon instead of the mixing stick?

You know, I have done a lot......... of reading. Is not like I am just asking questions. I even bought to books. I just want soap.........:(

I would probably not mix your FO in with a stick blender. I would use a stainless spoon or a heat safe spatula.

It sounds like the batch seized on you because of the fo. The soap should be ok if you were still able to mold it. You did the right thing by getting it in there fast. Sometimes seizing can affect saponification so if this wasn't HP- definitely zap test your soap and if no zap you can use it.

Fragrance oils that make soap seize is a touchy thing. If you put the FO in and it instantly seized then stirring with a spoon may not help.

If you want to eliminate it you can mix it in with your warm oils before you add the lye but then the lye could eat it all up depending. Maybe you can try that and just add extra FO and see if the scent sticks. Dragonsblood is usually a heartier scent so you might have good luck that way.

By the way, I only make small batches- 32oz of oils. It works better for me and I don't worry so much about screwing it up.

Hope I could help!