Cupless tealights

How would you guys go about creating cupless tealights? A friend of my daughters would like some clear-cup tealights - and also the same number without the cup, for a 21st party.

I'm fine with the cup-tealights of course :-) I've made heaps of them for family and friends, but wondering how to do 'cup-less'??

I'm assuming that I would have to use a votive / pillar wax so that it pulls away from the cup - is that the correct way to go?? and would the clear cups be the correct mould?

I guess I can experiment , but thought I'd ask you guys here first :-) Anyone have experience with this?

Thanks !

Hello Nadiap,

As to why one would want "cupless" tea lights really makes no sense IMO but to each its own. To make "cupless" tealights you would use a pillar soy wax and you can either use the clear or aluminum tea light cups. I would use a TL28 or TL 31 wick for this.

Allow these to set up for 24 hours and they should pop right out. I actually made some by accident years ago because I switched my wax around.

HTH,

Edited by kandleindulgence
Added additional information

People use cupless tealights as refills for the cupped ones. I made these for myself and I just used the clear cups as molds. I used container wax. If you don't glue the wick down, you can use the wick to pull it out of the mold. If you want to add the wick later, you might have to pop them in the freezer to get out if you are using container wax.

@Deb - thanks, that's what exactly what I was thinking to do - I'll experiment first to see if it works - the order is quite large for the cupless so I'd better be prepared (especially the pricing :-) so that I don't have any issues. The event isn't too far away, so need to get to it today I think.

@Sharon:

@Carole

Very nice links - thank you both !! I haven't seen those before - and as far as searching - no-one in Oz has them.. I'll have to see whether these companies sent to Au.... May be a little late for this 'possible' order, but good to have for the future. Off to email them now !

PS: Carole, lots of other nice moulds at your link - hopefully they do send to outside of US - thank you !