Candles don't have enough scent!

I made a whole bunch of candles but they just don't have enough scent. Can I re-melt them and add additional scent? If so, what is the process for this. I use GB444 Soy Blend.

Let me know, thanks.

Also, I have noticed a bunch of frosting on top, is there a better wax to use than what I am using?

I used to use 402 but in the last few months changed to 444.I like it.Good throw. Really can't tell much difference but get the 444 cheaper than what I paid for the 402. One reason I changed.

With the 444 I get small sink holes around the wick. With the 402 I get a ruddy look at the top of the jar.I use a heat gun to smooth both problems out.

How much FO do you use? I use 1 ounce FO to 1 lb of wax. With almost 100 fragrances I've never added more FO to my wax and people love my candles. :)

LynnS

One more thing. You might need to let them cure for a week or 2.I am anxious like you to burn my candles as soon as I make them.I find a few but not many need to cure. Wait a few days and test again before re-melting.

LynnS

LynnS, I have the same problem as the OP. I use 464 instead of the 444, but I doubt the difference is related to that. May I ask at what temp. you heat to, add FO, and pour. I made several batches a week ago, and with testing I had very little throw on Peaks Amish Harvest, Spruce Tree, Vanilla Amber & Capp. Hazelnut. All these I believed to be excellent throwers...but not for me. I tested with RRD's and the rrd34 seems to burn well with FMP, no hangup, etc. Just no HT. Maybe someone can help the OP and me. TIA

P.S. I heat to 175*, add FO 1oz pp, & liquid dye from Peaks at 160-165 and poured at about 155. Had nice looking candles except the French Vanilla Amber frosted bad.

Edited by IwantItgreen

You might also have candle nose. Especially the next day since your work area and even your whole house may be inundated with that scent or a combo of scents. I know that with some fragrances it's takes a day or two for the smell to dissipate meanwhile your olfactory sense has gotten numb to it.

I wouldn't scrap your candles and redo them before taking one out of the house and getting a second opinion.

:2cents:

P.S. A couple tbsp of coconut oil per lb of soy wax or a USA (universal soy additive) may help with the frosting.

Edited by JacquiO