Best Deals on Beeswax & Can It Be Used For Tarts & Ornaments?

Shirlee

As some of you are aware I am totally new to all of this & don't know much of anything. I have been searching the internet for about a month now because I saw some really neat wax ornaments at a local gift shop that were in various shapes & looked as though they had been dusted with spices. All the shop owner could tell me is that she knew they were made of wax.

I assumed they were beeswax because they had an old look about them but then I read where someone had written that beeswax is very soft & you cannot use it for things like hanging ornaments or decorations of any sort. I also read somewhere that you absolutely do not want to use beeswax for tarts. I am confused. I bought 10 pounds of soy made for votives, tarts, & pillars & my first batch of tarts turned out rather well if I do say so myself, but I'd like to use beeswax as well.

So ... if I can indeed use beeswax for these things, where can I get the best deal?

Blessings,

Shirlee

There is a place that sells beeswax ornaments and candles at the Renaissance Faire every year. They are really cute and they are not all that soft. They look to be pure beeswax (and smell like it)

I still have two beeswax ornaments from a couple years ago that are attached to twine that I hang on my tree every year. So it has to be possible.

http://www.beefolks.com/shopdisplayproducts.asp?id=6&cat=Candles

The beeswax I use in my soaps and tarts, is not soft. In fact I use it to harden them. I say, buy a block or bag of pellets and give it a whirl. As far as the best deal, I have no clue hopefully someone else can chime in on that one.