Oil on top of Container Candle

Hello everyone. Hope everyone had a good Holiday. I poured some containers (16 oz)with C-3 Soy 1 oz Baby Powder FO per pound about a week and 1/2 ago and went to deliver to the person that ordered them and when I opened the containers there was FO all on the top. I checked them a couple of days ago and they were OK, what would cause this to happen? I also poured some (8 oz) with the same batch and they are fine. I wiped off the oil and zapped with a heat gun. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Cheryl C

clc404

Some soy waxes do seep oil. :mad: The only fixes I know of are to try heating the oil before adding it to the wax, mixing very well, or using less oil. I switched from ADM to JS soy for this very reason. Many heavy oils tend to do this, and it is so random at times. Very frustrating.

My last batch of ADM (before finally having enough of this wax), I had three dozen candles of Black Cherry Bomb and 4 dozen Vanilla Buttercream Crunch, that seeped. Rarely happened in the past, but I found that this last shipment of ADM almost all my heavier oils were seeping, and the wax was performing differently. I am now using JS soy and it is doing great!

Good Luck!