Call out to 4360 users

Oh my goodness, I just opened a new case that I got about a month ago and it is not the same wax. It is from a very reputable supplier and is labeled as 4630. When I was cutting it up, I was thinking wow this doesn't seem quite right. But, I really thought it was my imagination and wasn't worried about it at all. I just went out to check my candles and there is so much shrinkage. I will def. have to repour. 4630 is not a repour wax. I was totally unprepared for that. I have been pouring tons of candles and I have been using this wax for years because it is such a friendly wax to use. This stuff that I have now is not. So my questions is...was there a reformulation and I missed it? I am a bit in a panic because I have no idea what to expect from it. I am getting ready for a huge party and now I have to test this to see what I am dealing with.....crap :confused:

I have found that 4630 varies when manufactured at the different IGI plants. I have got 4630 that cuts like butter then other batches that are hard to cut. I know for certain that 4630 from CMS is from the Canada IGI plant and it is the harder kind. Just got a batch in and it is pouring and burning the same. I would still call your supplier to see what they have to say.

Thanks for that information Brenda. I hope this one at least burns the same because it def. did not pour the same. I am going to burn one here in a few minutes and see if it burns the same. I can handle the pouring issues if the throw is where it should be.

Thanks for that information Brenda. I hope this one at least burns the same because it def. did not pour the same. I am going to burn one here in a few minutes and see if it burns the same. I can handle the pouring issues if the throw is where it should be.

How did the burn go ? CT/HT ?

The burn(s) did not go well. It didn't even get a full melt pool after 4 hours on the first burn or 4 hours on the 2nd burn. Finally got a full on on the third. NO throw at all on the 1st and 2nd burn...which makes sense if the melt pool is weak. Weak throw on the 3rd burn....not up to my standards. The FO is a tried and true kick butt scent, so......Sure I could wick up....etc. But I have used this size for years and has always been fine. Supplier has had not other complaints and has been as helpful as they can. So I am going to start playing with it a bit. Maybe a lower pour temperature... I don't know. Maybe try to mix it with another wax. I am kind of grasping at straws. Been focusing on my other stuff like pillars, melties and votives while I ponder this situation.

Edited by Freezin