How do I prime and tab raw wicking?

I did a search and couldn't find anything. Maybe it's obvious, but I've never heard how it's actually done. Should I cut the wicks to length first, then prime them in melted wax, and then crimp the bases on? Or, should I prime a long length of raw wicking, and then cut it into individual wick lengths and crimp the bases on? Should I just dip the raw wick into the melted wax, or do I have to let it "soak" for a certain amount of time? Do I hang the primed wick to dry, lay it on wax paper, or is there a better process? I'm also wondering if any of you have ever used high temp pillar soy wax to prime wicks?

Thanks, any advice is appreciated.

-Margie

I prime a good length of it at a time then rebag it for use later. Drown it in the wax just until it stops bubbling. You can lay it out if you want. I just pull it out of the pot a few feet at a time, hold it up in the air and give it a little blow. Only takes about 30 seconds or so to cool enough to lay down without making wax puddles. Then pull the next section, cool and keep piling it up. When I'm ready to use it, I cut the length I need and tab it.

Oh yeah, I just prime the wick in my pillar wax.

I do about the same. I dump a long length into the pot, and pull it out, running it through a paper towel to squeeze out the excess. I hang it to dry since that's the only space I've got where it won't get bent.

When I need it I cut it to length (I've got marks on my table), then put out however many tabs I need on the table - stuff and crimp, stuff and crimp. Goes pretty fast.