ecosoya mix 135 & advanced

I am needing help with the ecosoya wax I love this wax but it sometimes does something so weird. Just made 2 testers and have never had this there is a circular hairline crack. Does anyone know what causes this? It also happened in an ezsoy candle I made for a tester. I heated to 185 and poured at 155, in a Libby interlude 10oz jar. I am mixing the 135 with the advanced 1:2, color and fragrance. Should I heat gun it with a couple of pin holes when it cures? I love the smooth creamy top withe advanced but don't care for the shrink. The website says you can mix the waxes, I was hoping to get the best of both waxes. I am at the end of my rope (being a candle).

Linda:confused:

Recommended pour temp for the Advanced & CB 135 is 120 to130 degrees. The wax slightly contracts when it is cooling and causes cracking.

Could be a pouring temp or cooling in a too cool room. Here's the link to the manufacturer's site. Check out what they say in the Pouring and Cooling paragraphs. www.ngiwax.com/products/usingecosoya/cbinstructions.html#cb_pouring

HTH

The crack could mean an air pocket. I would poke the area around the crack to see if the wax gives. If there is an air pocket you want to make sure you find it and heat gun the top to let the melted wax fill the gap and smooth the top. If you don't your wick will drown when you burn the candle and it hits that pocket.

Thanks, I think I poured to hot for this jar it's a thinner jar and I am used to pouring in a thicker one. I have know wick in it yet I always make my candle and poke a hole with a metal shishkabob skewer to test the series of wicks. I think I will melt it down the website says you can do this with this wax and let it set up again.

Linda:cheesy2:

I love the advanced and I've never had issues with air pockets. I also found it pours ideally at 150 even though the mftr reccommends 120. I usually heat my jars with a heat gun before pouring but if it cools too quickly it will crack. Two things you can do is put it in a warmed oven.Turn the oven off and leave them to cool there. Or cover containers with an upside down box and let them cool in the box.

Also note I add 1 tbsp 76 degree coconut oil per pound of the adv.

I've never mixed the adv with the 135 but I have played with the 135 as well. I had problems getting the tops smooth on the first pour with the 135. I liked the look and burn of the adv better.

Hi Thanks for the reply, I just put a post on the coconut oil subject. I went to king soopers today and found a new item coconut oil 100% pure all natural and the label says coconut oil will become solid at 76 degrees or lower and will become liquid at 77 degrees or higher. Is this the right stuff? It's LouAna Coconut oil it's hot here and its partially melted and partially solid.

Linda

Thanks, I used it in 2 candles tonight I did another 25%ecosoya 135 75%ecosoya advanced. I also am trying Candlewics soy 120. Major candle power night here. I will get this right, My husband turned a shed in the backyard alley into a candle shop for me, it will be ready in about 2 weeks.:yay::laugh2:Yeah. Keep your fingers crossed for me. I did 1 with a medium wood wick.

Linda

Edited by soy327

Just made 2 testers and have never had this there is a circular hairline crack. Does anyone know what causes this?

This happens with several brands of soy wax - generally because the top is cooling a lot faster than the bottom & middle... Try cooling more slowly and evenly with the containers on a rack and covered with a large box, styrofoam cooler or simply set in a prewarmed oven (180°-200°F - turn off when the candles go in). In the summer, I just throw some paper towels over the wicks, but as the weather cools off, I have to use different methods to prevent the candles from cooling too fast and unevenly. HTH :)

Hi,

Hey I tried this wood wick, and it did good took a while to get a full melt pool but it did. It has a little frosting on the top when it cools but they are a little hot this is to be expected. I think I would go up to the 3/4" they call it a large at candlewic. For a faster melt pool. The normal person won't burn long enough.

I have some soy oil I wonder in the regular soy wax if it would help smooth out the top on the other soy waxes? candlewics 120, 415 and 464, and even the ecosoya 135? Ecosoya advanced says it's 98% soy and 2% botanicle oils what do you suppose those botanical oils are? Anybody experimented?

Linda