New to board

Hi everyone :)

This is my first post but I've been lurking here for some time. I've been wanting to get into candle making for a long time (maybe eventually do some B&B but not for awhile) and poured my first candle a few months ago. I had it in my head that I would do a few candles and then be an expert right away. :rolleyes2 Um, yeah right. I'm still trying to pefect a votive and using supplies from AC and Michael's, not to mention that I learn something new every single time I pour and every single time I come on here and read. There is no way I will be ready to sell anything for a long time but I'm truly having a blast along the way.

I'm in the New England area and Candle Chem seems to be the closest supplier to me and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with the products there? I guess I'm mostly concerned about the wax, that's the only thing I'd really rather not pay shipping for if I can find a good quality close to home. TIA and I look forward to getting to know everyone :)

Welcome...word of advice. If you find a good piece of advice...print it. tutorials etc. You'll look for it one day and not be able to find it. Make you a 3 ring binder for these little tid bits of info.

Never used candle chem but if you're that close drop on by to them and maybe buy a 10# slab of wax to try.