Clamshells: CT, HT and how long they last KY Wax

Hi,

I only make clamshell tarts and have had great success using EL ( a mix of votive and container). My tarts have a great CT and HT. They last approximately 20hrs. or more per two cubes (always melt 2 cubes so they don't get too hot and the FO melts away too quickly). Now I am considering using a different, less expensive wax. I want to stick with Soy or Soy blend (no paraffin) and am wondering if KY would be a good wax. I've also considered GB464 with some votive, although I read a post where someone was having problems getting a good throw with GB464. I am just concerned that I won't get a long lasting tart with good throw. What are your suggestions and what do most of you use ?:confused:

Edited by newbeme

I have not blended their natural waxes....I used to use KY125 till I moved west and shipping was too high. That alone is too soft for tarts IMO.

I LOVE the KY tart wax and use it for my tarts...but I am not all soy anymore.

I guess you could get some samples and try it and see how it goes.....maybe vickie knows she is always helpful....she owns KY and has talked to me several times and helped me out.