Burning question

Yup. All candles produce soot. You burn something and it has smoke which contains soot. I have some fos that produce a lot of soot (vanilla is usually the reason) and some that produce almost no noticeable soot. If your wicking is not efficient you will have more than usual sooting on your jar. HTH

Steve

This is a common problem with containers with "shoulders." ANY particulate matter will be trapped there and ALL flame produces particulates. If the shoulders are black, then ya might wanna keep testing, but a small amount of residue is expected. This is why hawking soy candles as "soot-free" or "sootless" is just another pile of road apples.

Customers need to know that it IS expected that they will perform maintenance on their candles - like dusting them before burning, wiping out the interiors of containers, etc. :)

And the big one "triple scented" drives me nuts!!
That chaps me, too! It's the typical "bigger/more is better" attitude. Unfortunately, FO is one of the things that exacerbates frosting so it really makes one wonder about the quality of the candles being hawked as triple scented!
False and misleading claims about the properties of soy only hurt us!

So, for THOSE folks, I wish them a TRIPLE XXXL pile of road apples! :)

Edited by Stella1952