Wholesale / Private Label Contract / Agreements

RichardLOZ

Hi there.

Just wondering if anyone may have both a wholesale and a private label contract or agreement that they may wish to share.

As per one of Tracy's posts a week or two ago in regards to this one shop we are supplying, I would like to have a more formal agreement in place to protect both us and him, as well as for future accounts.

I would most appreciate any advice on this one as it is something that I guess we are going to run into many time as we attempt to expand the business.

Thanks so much to anyone who can help.

Cheers

Richard

what are you protecting? I am 99% wholesale for past 6 years...no contracts, just an order sheet and terms , llike credi card we take and return policy, crap like that. No one in the industry has contracts unless its something specific and a huge line with territory rights, even that is usually that is still at the disretion of the company. If you want to be professional and step up into wholesale, you need to act professional and not all scared of what may happen. You got their money, thats all you need. Godd luck.

Barncat

Just looking at things such as minimum order quantity total as well as how many jars of each scent minimums etc. Just have one shop we are supplying trying to stop us doing markets, party plan or supplying any other business even remotely close to his, by suggesting that if we were to do that he would have to think about whether he is going to continue to carry our line.

Pretty restrictive really and kind of limits us from expanding. If we do private label for him it may solve the issue somewhat, but it would have to be minimum amounts etc.

Cheers

Richard

Unless he signs an agrement to purchase $25,000 from you per year, its a waste of time. ASk him what other lines he is doing that too. Most likely he will try to make you sign this then decide to not carry your candles. As a curteosy i would never do a retail show in the same town as a customer unless they havent ordered in past 6 mos. But you need to realize a difference between terms of sales vs an agreement. Your terms are min order, payment options, return policy, etc. Your minimum for private label would fall into those terms. My terms is on the back of my catalog and they do not sign it or anything.