Best way to ship?

PattyZB

So I'm sending samples of my soaps to friends/family to try and I don't know the best way to ship. . . USPS? UPS? and in what packaging? A bubble envelope? A small box? I've purchased soaps in the past and they've been shipped in the padded envelopes which seems to work...but what's the general opinion out there?

Padded or bubble mailers sound like a workable idea.

Another option worth considering is Priority Mail boxes. You can get them free from the post office and they come in all sizes, including small ones that could be handy for sending just a bar or two.

If you use a box, news or magazine paper can keep things from bouncing around. And if you want to scuff-protect the soap a bit, you can wrap the bars with the tissue paper that's used for gift packaging. You can get it at a stationary or office supply place.

i have found depending on how much you are sending..a good amount of bars lets say typically 4-5 oz bars and sending maybe more than 5 or so the flat rate boxes are cheaper..

but anything less than that as far as size and weight its cheaper to send using your regular bubble mailer or padded envelope..

I do like that the flat rate box is so convienent when it comes to just going and picking it up but I have found it just depends on the weight..

The cheapest way to mail 2oz samples would be to use your own packaging and mail 1st class. If you use priority you will pay a minimum of $4.95 per package. 1st class you should pay about $1.80 to $2 per package.

I find small bubble mailers that would easily hold a 4-5 oz soap at the dollar store and they come 3 to a pack. You could also just use some plain manila envelops with your soap wrapped in bubble wrap.