Tart pouring methods

PrimBeginnings

Hi, I have been testing for making tarts for a year now. I think I am ready to move on to selling, so here is my question. I have been pouring small batches (<1lb) for my tests. I melt, mix and pour out of a small double boiler pot I have.

I was thinking that I could mix up a larger batch of tart wax in my presto and dip out of it to add the FO mix and pour. This may be a silly question, but does wax weigh the same as a solid and a liquid? I know that 1 lb of soy makes about 18 oz liquid, but that is a volume issue I believe.

• 2 weeks later...
... does wax weigh the same as a solid and a liquid? I know that 1 lb of soy makes about 18 oz liquid, but that is a volume issue I believe.

If you weigh out 1 lb of wax and then melt it - it will still weigh 1 lb on the scale.

You are correct thinking it is a volume thing. A pound of melted wax could very well fill 18 containers that would hold 1 oz by volume; however if you put a completed one on the scale it should only weigh about .88 oz according to my calculations.

This was interesting ... about where to get molds that make a finished melt that weighs 1 oz. www.craftserver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86538

HTH