Aroma Bead Questions

JBaxley

I have a few questions regarding aroma beads. I am crunched for time and I was hoping to get the answers from all you experts out there. I need to make car fresheners so I wanted to go with aroma beads in an organza bag. I need to know the best fragrances and where you got them from to use for car fresheners. Also I need to know how long these normally last in a car.

If you can help me out that we be greatly appreciated. So far I have read on this website that you use 1TBSP FO to 4 TBSP Aroma Beads, is that correct?

Thanks again everybody!!!

The 1 + 4 ratio is what I always start with. If by a week it hasn't soaked up completely, I'll add more beads. The only fragrance oil I had problems with (took several weeks to soak up) had vanilla in it. Everything else soaks up in a few days, sometimes quicker. Make sure you make it early in the day so you can shake the jar quite frequently, otherwise they might stick together and get gummy. And if you use candle dye (liquid), the color will disperse more evenly with the frequent shaking.

The last test batch I made was with NG's Hot Baked Apple Pie. It's looking good. WSP Christmas Wreath and SC Nutcracker and Christmas Spice also worked well for me. HTH

Naomi