Wicking a Vanilla Buttercream Crunch

I just completed a test burn on an 8oz JJ with Vanilla Buttercream Crunch from JS. I used a CD-8 wick. I used 1/4 oz of FO to 6 oz of Soy. This was the best burn I have gotten with this FO yet. Sometimes, the flame would dance quite a bit, especially the closer I got to the bottom of the jar. When I cleaned the jar, there was a slight tinge of soot, but very slight. I have tested the CD-10 and the flame was too big. Would anyone try another wick? I don't want to be completely obsessive about it, but my husband has some co-workers who are really wanting to try some of my candles. Are most people who buy them really particular? And, is it possible to have a "perfect" burn? Too many questions, I know! LOL

Thanks for your input!!

Paula:p

Was there any mushrooming on the wick? I think those JJ are about 2 inch across, how long did it take to get a FMP and did it stay between 1/4" and 1/2" deep each time it was tested? If the wick is about the right size, it should maintain about a 1/2" MP for the duration of the burn. It sounds like a good burn to me though.

No, I didn't get any mushrooming. And the meltpool was good. I just didn't know it is possible to have a completely CLEAN burn. I would love to not get any soot when I clean the jar. It was minimal enough that I couldn't see it until I used a paper towel to wipe out the jar. That's the most important think to me is that I get as clean of a burn as I can.

Paula