Making Swirled Soaps???

TheWickedWick

I'm new as well, but I will chime in a little bit. I went to utube and g.oogle and typed it into a search. There is a bunch of articles and a few videos on how to swirl it and it seems like everybody has thier own technique on it. I am just starting to play around with it, but I am using opaque with one colored and one white. All I can say is... it is hard, but then I only have tried it twice so far.

If you master to process, let me know. it seems like you will want to pour cooler to get it good. That is my plan today.

I wanted to add that when I made swirled soap, I used a white base and swirled clear (dyed blue) into it. I poured the white a bit cooler than the blue, when I added the blue I poured similar to the way shown on the video (S pattern). I used a butter knife to drag through the loaf a few times. One of my favorite things is that it will never look the same way twice. When you cut the loaf, it is always a nice surprise.

Here are a couple of pictures...the little specks in the white base are ground oats. Scented Ocean Breeze.

post-5573-139458457675_thumb.jpg

post-5573-13945845768_thumb.jpg

Edited by kestagano04

I wanted to add that when I made swirled soap, I used a white base and swirled clear (dyed blue) into it. I poured the white a bit cooler than the blue, when I added the blue I poured similar to the way shown on the video (S pattern). I used a butter knife to drag through the loaf a few times. One of my favorite things is that it will never look the same way twice. When you cut the loaf, it is always a nice surprise.

Here are a couple of pictures...the little specks in the white base are ground oats. Scented Ocean Breeze.

Those are very nice. Thanks for the technique. I will give that a try as well.

Thank you. :embarasse

I forgot to mention... One thing that is important is to try to get the second color to penetrate deep enough into the first color already in your loaf mold so that you will have swirls from top to bottom. I poured the white first at a much cooler temp, then poured the blue at a warmer temp and held the pitcher at a higher height (I hope that makes sense :undecided).

Thank you. :embarasse

I forgot to mention... One thing that is important is to try to get the second color to penetrate deep enough into the first color already in your loaf mold so that you will have swirls from top to bottom. I poured the white first at a much cooler temp, then poured the blue at a warmer temp and held the pitcher at a higher height (I hope that makes sense :undecided).

that made a lot of sense. I tried it this afternoon with opaque base, and I think it is cool. I only did 1 lb so it is flat bars, but the coloring turned out good. I will post pics after I cut and the batteries in my camera are all charged up!!!