Looking to import some scents down under to Australia and advice needed please

RichardLOZ

Hi all

We are at the moment looking at bringing in some scents to Australia as we are currently quite limited in our selection down here. We only really have 2 suppliers to buy from locally and one other that has some of the Candlewic FO's

I have been looking at various suppliers and reading reviews and I am starting to go nuts....LOL.

So far I have looked at....

Candles and Supplies

Save On Scents

BCN

Elements

The Candle Source

Tennessee Candle Supplies

Candlewic

From reading Candles & Supplies is one to stay away from, based on peoples reviews. BCN seems to be one of the better ones and I want their Peppercorn :) I do like the Candlewic fragrances that I have used so far, so they are in the race.

I am looking for opinions on who to go with, keeping in mind that of course there are many others in the market, however most will not ship internationally. Candlescience is another option, although I am pretty sure that one of the suppliers here sources all of their FO's from Candlescience and we are trying to be somewhat different to all of the other chandlers here in Australia.

As hard as it is I would really prefer to only deal with one company, mainly due to the cost of shipping which from what I have worked out so far is around $200 USD for 25 lb of oils or thereabouts.

Now over to you experienced people and your suggestions, good or bad.

Richard

Hi all

We are at the moment looking at bringing in some scents to Australia as we are currently quite limited in our selection down here. We only really have 2 suppliers to buy from locally and one other that has some of the Candlewic FO's

I have been looking at various suppliers and reading reviews and I am starting to go nuts....LOL.

So far I have looked at....

Candles and Supplies-----There $5.00lb oils are great, but they are closeout oils. The pear drizzle is awesome. I use their hazelnut creme & vanilla pods. The vanilla pods is the very best vanilla i've ever found in 6yrs of making candles & i've tried tons of different vanillas.

Save On Scents---Very good dupes. Not impressed with the regular line of oils.

BCN----I don't have any luck in my gb415 soywax with their oils.

Elements---the former flickers oils are awesome. Never had any problems with them.

The Candle Source---awesome oils, great price. I would definately try them.

Tennessee Candle Supplies---Love tenn's oils.

Candlewic--Never tried them.

A couple more recommendations are millcreek & backwoods. I know millcreek ships all over the world. I just recently started using backwoods oils & they are awesome.

From reading Candles & Supplies is one to stay away from, based on peoples reviews. BCN seems to be one of the better ones and I want their Peppercorn :) I do like the Candlewic fragrances that I have used so far, so they are in the race.

I am looking for opinions on who to go with, keeping in mind that of course there are many others in the market, however most will not ship internationally. Candlescience is another option, although I am pretty sure that one of the suppliers here sources all of their FO's from Candlescience and we are trying to be somewhat different to all of the other chandlers here in Australia.

As hard as it is I would really prefer to only deal with one company, mainly due to the cost of shipping which from what I have worked out so far is around $200 USD for 25 lb of oils or thereabouts.

Now over to you experienced people and your suggestions, good or bad.

Richard

Good Luck.

Hi Cathy

Thanks for the reply. At the moment we are looking towards our summer range, so fresh, fruity, summery type fragrances. Its so hard as being 15000 kms away its just a little hard to sniff....LOL. All I can go on at the moment are reviews that I can find online from other people who have used various suppliers, although if you have some good things to say about C & S then I am more than happy to listen, perhaps the FO's that work for you and the ones to stay away from would be a nice start.

Cheers

Richard

Aroma Heaven/Rustic Essentials...have really nice oils..and at a fair price..i think..

Indiana Candle Supply..also has good oils..

Flickers, now Elements Bath and Body..has some great ones..

Maybe it would be good if you choose 3 or 4 different suppliers and bought some of their samples, and give them a try, and see which you like the best..

it must be hard having to ship so far..and it also must me very expensive...

are you going to use the scents for candles? or soap?

Will be using scents for candles and melts. I like some of the ICS fragrances but looking at their website they dont appear to ship internationally. Elements looks pretty good and I do like the oils I have used from Candlewic in the past.

Yes it is difficult iin regards to the shipping, but I guess living down here we dont have too much choice. The local suppliers fragrances range between about $25 through to about $35 AUD for each 500 ml bottle, with the average being around $30.

Buying from the US I am looking at anywhere from about $11 through to $26 USD depending on the suppliers and the fragrance. Shipping for 50 lb or so ranges from between about $280 through to almost $600 USD depending again on the supplier, so if I can purchase from the ones with the cheaper shipping I can actually save around $5 - $7 AUD / lb overall on a reasonable size order, not to mention the additional scents that are available. Unfortunately one of the scents I want the most (Peppercorn or Pink Pepperberry) has a flashpoint < 200 so they wont ship internationally....ahhhhh

Cheers

Richard

I would go with Natures Garden. They have a good variety of scents. I have had a lot of luck with them. And they are a little cheaper too. You will need to test samples first. They, like all the rest have some duds. If you decide to use them, I will give you my list of scents that really sell well for me. I used more of their scents then any of the rest, and I have used a lot of suppliers. Hope this helps. Nice to meet some one from Australia. That is cool.:yay:

Well I have bitten the bullit and for this first order have chosen Natures Garden for all of the scents that we will be getting.

Qty: 1 Item: rf-a1 Price: $13.95

- Australian Bamboo Grass Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-999 Price: $13.95

- Black Magic Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: ff-2 Price: $13.95

- Boston Tea Party Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-7777 Price: $13.95

- Butt Naked Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-g2 Price: $13.95

- Berry Bewitching Brew Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-201 Price: $13.95

- Caribbean Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-1104 Price: $13.95

- Coco Mango Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-031 Price: $13.95

- Monkey Farts Fragrance Oil (ZB,ZG) 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: aaa-15 Price: $13.95

- Pepperberry Wreath Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: df-300 Price: $15.95

- Storm Watch Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-aa3 Price: $13.95

- Christmas Memories Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-00018 Price: $13.95

- Country Clothesline Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: f-20 Price: $13.95

- Cucumber Mint Fragrance 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-137 Price: $13.95

- Spiced Cranberry Fragrance Oil (ZS,ZB) 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-98 Price: $13.95

- Ocean Mist Fragrance Oil (ZB,ZS) 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-60005 Price: $13.95

- Strawberry Rhubarb Pie Fragrance Oil (ZB) 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-88 Price: $13.95

- Lemon Meringue Pie Fragrance Oil (ZB,ZS) 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: ff-3 Price: $13.95

- Moonlight Tuberose Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-2025 Price: $13.95

- Fresh Cut Grass Fragrance Oil (ZB,ZG,ZS) 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: mmm-8 Price: $15.95

- Fresh Outdoors Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-118 Price: $13.95

- Sand Castles Fragrance (ZS,ZB) 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: df-203 Price: $15.95

- Snow Angels Fragrance Oil (ZB) 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-z16 Price: $13.95

- Torrential Rains Fragrance 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-2024 Price: $13.95

- Balsam Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: df-1970 Price: $15.95

- Fountain of Youth Fragrance Oil 16 ounces

Qty: 1 Item: rf-99 Price: $13.95

- Orange Clove Fragrance Oil (ZB) 16 ounces

I would love to hear any reviews from people who have used any of the scents I have selected, either good or bad. I do expect that there may be a couple that we either dont like too much or that may not work, but I am totally ok with that.

Couldnt be happier with the price as it works out at just over $20 AUD / lb compared to $30 AUD / lb locally, and that is also including the shipping.

Look forward to any comments.

Cheers

Richard