Website User Friendly?

CatlinPM

I'm trying to improve my websites user friendliness, and am really not sure where to start. Everyone on here has given me great advice about anything I have ever asked and I have learned so much from these boards, I would love to hear your feedback in this area as well. Here is the web address www.candeocandle.com . Please don't hesitate to be as blunt and straightforward as possible!

I don't see anything wrong with your site. I went all over it and found it quite easy to navigate. The pages come up very quickly which I think is one of the most important factors of a website. (I hate waiting and waiting and waiting for pages to come up) Your pictures are very nice, your drop downs are nice. I also like your suggest a scent page and the wholesale page. I might have to add those to my site.

I think you have a great looking site, I wouldn't change a thing!

Hi your site looks great, did you do it yourself? I am just starting to look into getting a website ( for the future) but I don't even know where to begin.

Thank you, I did do it myself. I started it when I started selling candles about 2 years ago and just learned what I needed to as I went along. Keeping it up is a lot more work than you think, but definitely worth it. :smiley2:

I love it! Very nicely put together, easy to navigate, lovely pictures too!

I did notice, when you click on Travel Tins in your description you say "6 oz. apothecary candles" instead of Travel Tin.

Other than that, I think it's a very nice site!

Good job!

Carrie

Whoops! I'm going to go fix that right now, thank you!

The overall site looks great. My only issue was in some cases you have categories that are not clickable, and lists within categories with no way to order (nothing clickable).

For example under Fragrances you show 6 categories, but 2 of the categories (Fresh Scents and Fun Scents) are not clickable. They should either be labeled not available, or remove them.

Then if I pick a category like Festive Scents I get a nice list of 12 scents, but nothing is clickable. If I could click on Grandma's Pumpkin Pie, it should take me right to that order screen, or a list of order screens with that scent. I found this a little confusing.

Other than that, it is a very nice site.

The overall site looks great. My only issue was in some cases you have categories that are not clickable, and lists within categories with no way to order (nothing clickable).

For example under Fragrances you show 6 categories, but 2 of the categories (Fresh Scents and Fun Scents) are not clickable. They should either be labeled not available, or remove them.

Then if I pick a category like Festive Scents I get a nice list of 12 scents, but nothing is clickable. If I could click on Grandma's Pumpkin Pie, it should take me right to that order screen, or a list of order screens with that scent. I found this a little confusing.

Other than that, it is a very nice site.

I fixed the broken links issue, thank you for finding that! I completely understand your point about not being able to order from the fragrance list. I have been trying to think about how to do that since I sell so many different sizes of containers. Maybe I could just link them to my most popular container? Or I thought of just adding a "shop now" button to the page, but I think that's too simplistic. I may have to come up with a separate way of ordering with drop down menus for size and scent etc... just for the fragrance list.... Hmmm this definitely gives me something to think about! Thank you!

Ooh I have seen your site before while I was looking at Etsy. I think it's pretty user friendly, but I would personally like to see the second scroll bar eliminated. You know how on the pages you have the buttons stay put and the other stuff you can scroll down separetly? This is quite annoying to me when using it because I try to use my scroll button to look at the lower part of the page and then all the stuff in the middle just moves. It seems like I would have to scroll down on the main page anyways to get to the second bottom scroll button, so it doesn't seem like it does much good.

I love your pics and your candles look great.

Hi,

Your website looks great, I'm jealous of your website design ability.

These are all minor nitpicks.

The definition text in your header (CandeoBanner3501.gif) is a little hard to read. If you still have the original, uncompressed file, saving it a jpg instead might help.

Some sort of mouse hover affect on your menus might be nice, such as changing the text color slightly.

Do the up/down arrows on the menu on the left actually work? Sometimes menu items disappear out of view when I expand other items and I can't seem to use the arrows to scroll to them.

The "View Cart" standard button kind of stands out next to all of your other pretty custom buttons.

I'm familiar with the technical aspects of making a website, so if you have any questions let me know.