Oops pumpkin!

PattyZB

I added some pumpkin puree to my soap after it reached the 'trace' stage and now it's like soup.... did I add too much? I'm not sure how to proceed other than let it sit on the stove and hope for the best (that it starts to trace again and I can pour it into a mold). UGH

*UPDATE

It sat a bit, I mixed here and there, the oils started to separate, I mixed here and there, it started to get thick again and I stick blended until it was all uniform and then poured it into the mold. Hopefully it's not ruined.

Any ideas?

Edited by PattyZB
added an update

I actually didn't use an FO in it. Everytime I've made soap with the stuff i have it's turned out badly so I'm waiting until i get my new scents from Brambleberry. As for how much pumpkin I used...that's going to be a problem. I used 2 tsb ppo. Ugh. I suppose I'll be needing to use this soap up quickly. If I keep it in the fridge will that help keep it from turning?

It's not going to go bad, the only issue is that if you didn't reduce your water by the amount of puree you added you will have soft soaps until it dries.

Sometimes additives like purees or honey can occasionally reverse trace - you did the right thing.

Your soap will be fine.

No..i didn't reduce the water at all. :( Well, I'll just have to be patient and let it dry/cure. I'm glad it won't 'go bad'. It has a nice scent to it and did harden overnight for the most part.

I can't find much online about using different ingredients in soap like the pumpkin and I've seen some soaps with sugar and such on top. So much to learn...but so much fun learning. :)