soap molds

rebeccajo99

So, I want to try making some soap this afternoon while my boys are napping, but I did not get a chance to run to the craft store to get a mold this morning. Is there something that I can use that I may have laying around the house???

Thanks

You can use any box that looks like it would make the size bars you want.

Also a pringles can works really well also for round bars!

There are a million ideas for molds once you start looking around the house.. some may need a liner, so you can use either freezer paper, or even a plastic garbage bag for that.

one of those plastic shoe boxes works well if youre going to make a big batch.

anything really that you can pop the soap out of, ive used tupperware, cardboard boxes with freezer paper or a garbage bag to line it.

Ive even used medium size paper jewelry boxes lines with saran wrap, basically whatever you can find that wont leak and can be lined with something will work

Thanks everybody for thier suggestions. I used a glad ware container this time. Don't like how it demolded and how it looks cut. (plus, the word glad was molded into the soap :laugh2:) Will work for tester bars right now, but defently have to find something different for marketable bars.

How long should i let them dry before starting to test them? I don't think I got the bees wax mixed in good :sad2: We will see when I start testing them