Can I use my laptop as a cash register?

jennyjo

Does anyone know if there is any software that exists that would allow me to use my laptop as a cash register at shows? I don't want anything expensive or fancy, just basic cash register function that will help me keep track of inventory. I did a show last night and I had 45 guests and checked them all out by hand with a calculator. Thought I would go mad!!!!!

thanks. I don't want to go with mobile internet yet. It is too pricey for me. I just want to be able to ring up sales with my laptop and keep track of what I am selling. My cash register broke and I don't want to fix it. I personally don't miss it. I will check out pos software. Thanks again.

Yes, you need a virtual terminal and a wireless access card.

If you want software for cash sales as well... try POS software search in

http://pages.prodigy.net/daleharris/pos.htm

I love this software......Thanks for the link... It is great for a cash register, to keep inventory, customer database and everything all in one!:yay:

thanks oversoyed!!!!!!

Emily

By the way girls, I tried out that free software that you gave the link for and my laptop completely crashed. Not sure if it was related to the download of that software or not, but my computer currently has no operating system. I downloaded it before you gave me the link, so I do not hold you responsible, lol. Luckily, I still have my desktop pc.

• 1 year later...