adding additives to feather palm wax

I just finished testing a wick for a 3 x 3 1/2" pillar using feather palm wax. I am getting a perfect burn. And no blowouts. I am going to be selling these candles at an outdoor swapmeet in Arizona. First, does adding steric acid help any. Also, because they will be outside in sunlight, even though they'll be inside a tent, should I add UV to the wax.

Does adding the UV affect the burn in any way?

Richard has the wicking sorted for our pillars but the next time I make them I'm adding the UV and wondered if we are safe with our previous wicking tests when I hadn't used the UV stuff.

Just thought I'd better ask to be sure!

I have never noticed any difference in the burning or throwing properties from UV additive whatsoever, but there are many different types of UV additive out there. ;) It would be a good idea to test a small amount to be sure before you risk a large batch. :)

Another reason I add stearic acid is that it seems to help the fragile crystals on the edges of the pillars to be a little stronger and less prone to crumbling. Some folks say it enhances scent throw, but I have never noticed one way or the other if that is the case.

Edited by Stella1952