Crafters Choice SP wax

Based on the very positive reviews, I think I'll give this wax a try. It's a parasoy blend available at Wholesale Supplies Plus. Will be making wickless candles (tarts).

Does anyone have personal experience with this wax? Is the throw really that good? And could I use it for container candles?

Thank you!:)

I have it. I like the scent throw, but had trouble wicking it so I am currently using it for tarts in the clamshells. Works great for me. Good throw. I got a lot of soot with any wicks that I tried, though. I am using a different parasoy blend for containers that I can get locally. Maybe you will have better luck than me if you try to wick it.

Then I think I'd better use it for tarts. In fact, as a super-green beginner, I think I'd better stick with tarts for now.

Last week I checked the Candle Science website (was considering making a "real" candle) ..... mistake! I couldn't believe how many wicks one can choose from!!!:shocked2: It was intimidating, really!

I just got a slab of this wax yesterday. I plan on using zinc wicks. I'm hoping I'll be able to pour a couple testers today. Not sure what type of jar I want to test it in yet but will post my results once I start to test.

HTH, Cindy/WI

OK I got a couple poured this morning and I'm burning a 8 oz jj right now. I used 6% FO no color & a 44-28-18 zinc wick, Pumpkin Apple Butter from KY. The scent throw right now is very good. Can't wait to see how it is once it's cured longer. But...... yep there's a but lol..... The flame is low & there is about 1/8" of a hang up. But on the good side no black soot at all and it's been burning for about 2 1/2 hours now. I may try a 44-32-18 z and see if that works any better. The other container I used is a frosted keepsake jar 4" and I used a 51-32-18 zinc wick(same scent). I'm going to wait till tomorrow to test that one. So far I really like the scent throw and clean burn I'm getting from this wax. I'm glad I ordered a slab to test.

HTH

I've got to ask how do you use this wax for tarts? It's so soft I don't know how you would get them out of the clamshell's? Just wondering....... So far I really like the scent throw and no soot with using the zinc wick. So far anyway!!!

I have it. I like the scent throw, but had trouble wicking it so I am currently using it for tarts in the clamshells. Works great for me. Good throw. I got a lot of soot with any wicks that I tried, though. I am using a different parasoy blend for containers that I can get locally. Maybe you will have better luck than me if you try to wick it.

I also just tried this wax (among the others I sampled) and am not getting the soot problem either! It does have a good scent throw with the one scent I have tried so far. I've been successful with CD wicks as well as Zinc. Now time to pick one! :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the information, Cindy.

I ordered the JW6800 and UPS just delivered it. I'm going to work with this one right away - like in the next few minutes!

Will use the Vanilla Cream that I ordered at the same time (never tried Just by Nature FO). Wish me luck - will let you know how it works out for me.

After trying EcoSoya Advanced which has excellent CT but lackluster HT. Also we've tried NatureWax C-3, and again great CT but the HT was much better with most scents. Then we tried the Crafter's Choice SP Wax and the CT is not as good, but the HT is really good.

One scent that we've tried with all three combonations has been MC Christmas Eve, and with the Crafter's Choice SP Wax we could smell it throughout our living room and kitchen. Where with the other two waxes the HT was not at that level.

To say the least we are loving the wax..

Chuck, go to the Wholesalesuppliesplus.com website, and all the tech info. you need is there. I copied and pasted the following; hope it helps!

Common Uses:

Container Candles.

Points of Interest:

Excellent scent throw, creamy appearance. Typically requires one pour.

0.16 sample is approximately 10 lbs.

1 case is approximately 62 lbs.

Recommended Crafter's Choice Color Additives:

Liquid Candle Dye, Candle Color Dye Block

Recommended Crafter's Choice Aroma Additives:

Candle Fragrance Oil: 10%

Physical Form: White Solid

Solubility: Insoluble in water

Country of Origin: United States

Storage: Room temperature. Air tight container.

Best Used By: One year from date of purchase.

This wax is manufactured in slabs.

Recommended Candle Wick: Simple Soy, HTP, CD

Average Melt Point: 135º F

Average Pour Temperature: 165º-185º F (Second Pour 145º)

Maximum Fragrance Load: 10%

I'm using 8 oz jelly jars and 16 ounce wide mouth masons, with 8% fragrance. It's the cranberry marmalade from Candle Science that I'm having the most trouble smelling (I love the fragrance!). I'm trying zinc,

CD, and HTP wicks. When I stick my nose into the once burned jar with a zinc wick, all I smell is the burnt wick for cold throw.

I just burned a 16 oz mason of Spruce Christmas Tree at 8% (Peak) with a zinc wick yesterday, and I was able to finally smell it.

The directions for the wax says maximum FO 10%. Wow, that's high. Anyone use that much?

Naomi