questions about mixing soy

Hmmmm...any specific reason why you would want to mix it? Smooth tops, or jsut to use it up? :confused:

Based on my playing around with J50 and MC soy (I tried 75% soy/25% J50) you could pour hot and get a very silky smooth flat top. I tried that, the candle turned out very nice, but it seemed the throw was not quite as good as I wanted, especially the cold throw. I may try a 5% J50 in plain MC soy to see how hot I can pour it and get smooth top.

I even once did 50/50 J50 and MC soy, scented Christmas Spice, dipped pine cones in them three times and made some really nice air fresheners. As the was was cooling, it turned into a very gelatinous state up to the point it finally solidified. It was strange looking :tongue2:

I'm only speaking from experience...but EL soy didn't throw worth a poo for me ever. J223 on the other hand, has an excellent throw. I've been using C-3 Naturewax, and really love that, but how well it would do with J223, I don't know. EZ-soy has a good throw on it's own, and would work well with your J223, in my not-so-expert-opinion. :)