Selling CP in a HUMID outdoor market

WendyByTheBay

Years ago I did many outdoor shows selling candles. I have not done an outdoor show yet with my CP soaps. I signed up in a 3 day outdoor market for next month.

Were I live and where this market is, it is always sooo humid. That did not cross my mind when I signed up.

I normally have two paper bands on my soaps, one going longways then the other going around so only the very tips of the corners are exposed. Then I have a shrink wrap band that goes one way around the soap and leaves the ends unwrapped.

Should I just shrink wrap the whole bar??

Does CP sweat if left out in the humidity for too long?

I almost hate to totally wrap the whole bar because I want people to easily smell the scents. I will do what I have to do tho to protect my soaps...

TIA

:(

What do you think I should do? Completely shrink wrap? Maybe stick them in completely sealed plastic bags?

I stuck a few naked bars outside a few minutes ago and they sure did get slimy fast.

Well, I guess I'll stick a few completely shrink wrapped bars outside and see if that keeps the slime away.

Thanks for the reply Scented.

We shrink and leave the ends open. We don't seem to have to redo, but my humidity is going to be a little different than that in your state.

Test it if you want: stick your wrapped bars in a tote. Pull some out and others leave in the tote. Keep the bars in the tote in shade or shaded. You may have to cycle through soap at the show. It's hard to say.

Thanks for the replies.

I been messing with the soaps for a few days and have come to the conclusion that they must be completely shrink wrapped. Even leaving the ends un-wrapped will make for slimy soap:(. Thank goodness at least my soaps are fully cured. I don't think shrink wrapping uncured soaps would be a good idea.

They only thing that I am not going to like is that my booth probably will not have that awesome scent throw, lol.

Thank goodness at least my soaps are fully cured. I don't think shrink wrapping uncured soaps would be a good idea.

They only thing that I am not going to like is that my booth probably will not have that awesome scent throw, lol.

Leave a bar unwrapped, cut it into sniffies if you need to, but going to say, even a fully cured soap will weep. I have one more than a year old that did that on a very humid day.

Put them in a cooler with Ice paks!!

That's what I did last week at an outdoor show. I would put one or two of each CP soap or candles (tealights, votives) on the table, and the rest in the cooler and rotate them through the day... every hour or so.

I package my soaps in soap boxes, and yes they sweat. I quickly found that out on the Saturday. So on the Sunday I brought the coolers, and it worked out very nicely!!