wicking help needed

Hi,

I need some input here if possible. I am working on a new line of candles for a store that specializes in recycled items. I am using veggie tins for containers. I use C-3 wax and 1.5 fo pp. I use ECO wicks.

I am currently testing 8 scents. I have five which are good all the way to the end. One has been set aside for now. Two are giving me a headache. The two scents each did the same thing about an inch or inch and one-half from the bottom, both using ECO 10.. After having a full melt pool and good burn for most of the container, the wick just disappeared. It didn’t really drown. The wax stopped getting a full melt pool and became kind of "sludgy" for want of a better term. It just hung in there between being solid and being liquid until the wick got too short.

I tried a smaller wick for both of these but the flame was way too small. I am sure that a bigger wick will be too big.

Anyone else familiar with this? I have had the sludgy bottoms before when working on large containers but never to the point that the wick disappeared. I know that soy burns down and then out and I believe that this can make the bottom of a larger container tricky. BTW, a veggie tin is a smidge less than 3 inches wide and 4 ½ inches tall.

Thanks,

Deb

My stupidity. I am embarrassed to say that I forgot that I had inserted the wicks without tabs for just an initial test for flame size. I was trying to dial in the wick size for a proper test for these two scents. All of a sudden this morning on my way to work it hit me that these were the two that I did that with.

:embarasse

That's because you appear to be nuts like me. I see the time of your post and I laugh. I am up sooo late at night and back up in the morning. I don't stop . Mistakes are goona happen when your nuts. I am nuts