My first Votives!!

*Dee*

ok so i am not sure if i did them right lol here are some pics

DSCF1304.jpg

DSCF1308.jpg

DSCF1309.jpg

DSCF1310.jpg

ok so are they supposed to look like that on the sides ? i poured the over pour until it was at the rim and even spilled over most of the time lol i thought maybe i didnt do the over pour right. or maybe i filled the molds up to high with chunks. also on one of the last pics of the tops the one has a hole in it, i am assuming it needs a second pour. also the one beside it has a few bubbles on it. and the left over wax i poured into 2 oz souflle cups and i have bubbles on the top, the wax is ecosoya pb. can anyone tell me what i did wrong to get the bubbles. in the souffle cups it feels like a huge air bubble on top.

anyways let me know what i can do to improve.. i have my first chunky pillar cooling now too :D

editing to add: the chunks are pink sugar and the white overpour is coconut cream pie and the brownish is creme brulee.

for the most part .. they look great for first chunk votives !!!.. i cant explain the air bubbles, but the sides yeah they are suppose to look like that, it all depends on how you do your chunks that determines how the sides look. I noticed on the white and pink ones there is some brown color to the white. Sometimes thats from adding too much fragrance oil. HTH

I dont know. I just know that when i first started doing chunk Candles this only happened to me with votives. I dont know if its because all of the FO doesnt dissolve or what. Im heading to look at your candle now :smiley2:

It's hard to do it without feeling like you're going to knock them over, but it seems like the votives should be tapped like the pillars are to get the air bubbles out. Someone with more experience can confirm; I haven't been pouring votives too long myself. I use a different wax but I don't have bubbles at the top. I do still get the pin hole bubbles on the sides tho. :sad2: I'm sure there've probably been threads about that in the past.

I did not do a second pour with chunky votives when I tried them, but that may be the wax. Or I just didn't feel like it; I don't remember right now!