Do you give/send candle "sniff" or sachets to customers?

Von354

Just curious on how or any thoughts/advise you give/send candle "sniff" scents to customers? Example......include a few with orders. Or when someone ask how a fragrance smells........just give out a few with a business card.

When I go to the fragrance counter to try new scents they have a piece of heavy paper to spray the fragrance on. Maybe buy a large size fragrance blank and cut it in small pieces.....then apply a fragrance oil.

Once I was at a counter and they had a cotton ball with a piece of white tissue on it tied with a ribbon. I kept one in my car and put one in my drawer at home. I could smell them for a long time. Of course, how long they would last depends on the fragrance. For the cotton ball method......I was thinking the fragrance would need to be added with DPG then put onto the cotton ball.

Does anyone sell scented envelope sachets? I just got one from a friend by Greenleaf. www.greenleafgifts.com

She gave me the Sycamore Fig. It smells so good!

My gosh....it looks like a very soft cat litter inside! Oh....I just don't know if that would be possibe. I was just thinking that a small sample size scented envelope sachet would be good to give to customers. Also, offer a sample size for sale to scent a small drawer. Does anyone know what the product is in the envelope sachets?

Any thoughts on all the above?

Thanks

Kyme1911 - Thank you for that information! I didn't know the correct name....blotter strips.

Everyone on this board is so helpful! :yay:

I just got in all my samples last week from AH/RE. I should place an order after I get some of the samples tested. Thanks, I will add those to my order.

I made my own business cards manilla tags, and I scented them. You could scent your business cards, or buy some water color paper and a decorative punch (like a large daisy shape) and scent them. We bought a "Tin Sample Cases" from BCS, and put those scented punch pieces in the little vials. It's handy to have. I just Love this site!