Looking for opinions, II

kyme1911

I buy square adhesive sheets from TC's, they work. But I read on another thread about using transparency film from a office supply store.

The wax seals are made directly on the glass container. I tried making them on a silcone pad and the glueing them on...but it was messy and since the containers tapered they just didn't fit correctly. I purchased the seal stamper from a company in Canada. www.waxworksonline.com/

When I go to the above website it takes me to a place in Kentucky.

Here is what I get

waxworkslogomaroon.jpg

loginimg.jpgcellbackground.jpg

Our Company

Wax Works, Inc. located in Owensboro, Kentucky has been a recognized leader in the home entertainment industry since 1949.

The origin of our company was in the retailing and wholesaling of pre-recorded music more than 50 years ago. We were one of the original distributors of pre-recorded video products in 1980 with the birth of the VCR.

Today, we are the authorized wholesale distributor for all major studios and scores of independent video sources.

We distribute home entertainment products to more than 5,000 retail accounts throughout the country.

Wax Works makes sure that you have the right product for your needs. Whether you are a video retail store, grocery, library, museum, convenient store, marketing company, advertising agency looking for a special premium for your clients or a non-profit organization, we can serve you best.

Wax Works is a debt free company. We own our office and warehouse facilities. We have the personnel and financial infrastructure to allow retailers to profit from our experience in the $26 billion home video industry.

Wax Works. We Have the Works.

Terry Woodward, President

footer.jpg

© 2007 WaxWorks, Inc. All Rights Reserved.

Thanks, no re-usable lid just a clear plastic adhesive to cover the top for retail. The adhesive is on them in the pictures. I plan on checking to see if I can get some metal rusty ones manufactured. The square design may be tricky. Thanks again!

I've burned candles beyond 3 hrs and they were fine, the wax seal is "Faux Wax". There are alot of companies on line that sell them, I just did alot of research. You should check them out since I can see you like the look too.

They are very unique and add an interesting touch. I like it :)

Having said that, I would strongly suggest a power burn to the end just to make sure it doesn't melt off. 3 hrs is usually just getting to full melt pool, depending on the size. When the candle is half or three quarters burned, that glass gets much hotter. As I understand it (which could be wrong) this faux wax is very similar to a hot glue stick, which melts. I'd just rather be safe than sorry, especially if that blob fell off and ruined someones nice piece of furniture or something. JMHO

Actually Like I have said, I have burned my candles for many hours, in all the containers I have... some thin , some thick. (Test, Test, Test) They were fine, wax seals arent for everyone.Just because it's different doesn't make it wrong.

I have had Kraft paper labels (still use them for my tarts) and I just happen to prefer something different.

I had tried using them on my handmade paper car air freshner (tested) and did melt, so I do know what you mean.

Thank you for your input. That's why I love this site because it's good hear alot of different opinions. And helpful advice.