More jars with wax toppings!

joyofsoycandle

Some of these are repeats but i wanted to see what you think of the borders lol =) i didnt know how to make them all the same size on here, so they are diff sizes sorry about that.

cinnamonroll.jpgbanananut.jpg

strawberry.jpgpumpkin.jpg

Cinnamon Roll with wax buns, cinn sticks, crumb topping, and fake sugar, Banana Nut Bread with banana slices, cinn sticks and walnuts, Strawberry Jam with wax strawberries and fake sugar, Pumpkin Nog with mini putka pods, cinn sticks, and cinnamon.

they are all wax, the coffee beans too all can be burned and they really arnt time consuming at all. They are real simple. I heat the wax as normal, add Fo at 185, stir well, then put in a cool water bath and mix real good while cooling to 100 degrees which happens in a matter of a couple minutes, its real quick and then pour the jar, the jar sets up in a matter of minutes because its already been cooled, then i top with the embeds, and remelt the last bit of wax, and pour it in to "set" the embeds in. Its easy and I love doing it!!

No frosting issues really, i dont use dye, only the embeds are dyed, and the only frosting ive ever noticed is when i didnt have embeds on top, sometimes i would notice frosting on the tops, but you dont notice it now. The only thing ive noticed since ive been cooling them faster is that some of them have wet spots. But everyone ive asked said that didnt make any difference to them. When ive been testing, i found that a cd-12 has worked great for all of these. But no sink holes or anything like that. They set up perfectly and I top them with embeds, and then pour just a little more melted wax in the top to set the embeds in. :grin2: Oh by the way I am using ezsoy. I switched from ky puresoy to this because i was told it was the same anyway, and its cheaper to ship. Hope that answered your question Fern. :)

Yes it did Joy, thanks a bunch.

I am still in sink hole hell, and still don't know why...and, come to think of it, I think I went back to the EZ after reading one of your posts. I still got sink holes..so, at least I know it's something I am doing. I suspect that with the cool weather, there may be just enough of a draft coming in from the vent above my stove, or something like that. Man, it is driving me nuts and costing me waayy to much time. I have to figure this out.

Thanks for your info.

Fern-Marie

Hi Joy,

Well, I tried it again this evening. I poured two. A 12 oz wide mouth, and an 8 oz jj...both got huge sink holes right around the wick...this time I poured at the lowest temp I ever have, just below 100* - and it was nice and thick.

I just do not understand what the heck is happening, this is just like the last 3 weeks..every single wicked candle I pour concaves right next to the wick.

I am going to try pouring low and covering to keep them warmer for a slower cool-down time. I am at wits end with these things. Driving me nuts!

If you have any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

Why all of a sudden...the cool weather? maybe a draft? bad wax? I have tried every type of temp to pour, all with the same results.

Thanks for your help.

Fern-Marie