Would like to try 6006

I bought the 10 lb slab of this wax from CandleScience because I wasn't getting the hot scent throw that I wanted from pure soy wax so I thought I'd try this paraffin/soy blend. I bought the 10 lb slab (they also have a 50 lb case). I love the cold & hot scent throw but I was amazed at how much soot it produced. I used the wick recommended by the website for tins I used and followed directions to a "T" but I still got A LOT of soot. Hopefully that was just my experience. Like I said, on the plus side - it gives a much better hot scent throw that soy alone. Hope some of this helps.

6006 is a very good wax. I use it exclusively for my "paraffin jar candles" since it has so little soy in it. Make a bunch of testers with it and do what works best for you. Sometimes the manufacturers instructions aren't going to work for everyone. This is why it is recommended to test so you can get a "formula" that works best for you.

Aralin's Mommy - it was probably the fragrance oil making it soot. Not the wax.

I am currently in the process of testing 6006 with cotton core wicks from Peaks. So far I've been very pleased with the results. The only sooting I've had was on the very last burn near the top of my tin and I would consider it very minimal. Only had one very tiny mushroom and that was also on my last test burn. I've tried CDN's and HTP's but got mushrooming on my first test burn.